This tour offers a detailed insight into most of Art Nouveau sights located in Ljubljana city centre.
At the turn of the 20th century, a new architectural style appeared in Ljubljana under the direct influence of Viennese Secession. Known under the name of "secesija", this local variant of Art Nouveau accounts for a large number of sights that importantly contribute to the appearance of Ljubljana.
The walking tour of Art Nouveau Ljubljana takes you past most of the city's characteristic Art Nouveau sights including, among others, the buildings lining the Slovenski trg square and Miklošič Park (the latter designed by Max Fabiani), the famous facades of the Grand hotel Union, the buildings of the Cooperative Business Bank (Zadružna gospodarska banka) and the Centromerkur department store, the centrally located Prešernov trg square and Dragon Bridge (Zmajski most), a masterful Art Nouveau construction adorned with bronze dragons symbolising the city.
The tour is available by prior arrangement only.
English, French, German, Italian, Slovenian. Other languages by agreement.
- €50.00 for groups of up to 5 people
- €60.00 for groups of up to 10 people
- €80.00 for groups of up to 35 people
- €110.00 for groups of up to 50 people
- The tour operator reserves the right to charge a waiting fee of €16.00 per hour.
- A 25 percent supplement is charged for tours run on the day of booking.
- 50 percent of the tour price must be paid in case of cancellation within less than 24 hours before the agreed departure time.