The Slovenian Philharmonic resides in a building, formerly called Tonhalle, built in 1891 on the site of the former State Theatre, which burnt down in a fire. It has a prime downtown location overlooking the Congress Square on one side and the Ljubljanica riverbanks on the other. 

This highly respected musical institution is proud of its tradition, now more than 310 years old. The Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra successfully continues the legacy of its predecessors and has gained wide acclaim at concerts in Slovenia and abroad. 

The Slovenian Philharmonic building, which was fully renovated in 2001, features two halls, the smaller of which is quite often used for receptions. With open windows, guest can catch a view of the baroque Ursuline Church at the top of the square, and the adjacent seat of the Ljubljana University, an imposing building from the turn of the 20th century.

Conference rooms

  • Conference rooms 2
  • Max. seating capacity theatre 471
  • Reception 150
  • Surface area 161
  • Marjan Kozina Hall

    Marjan Kozina Hall

    • Max. seating capacity theatre 471
    • Max. seating capacity classroom -
    • Reception -
    • Banquet -
    • Surface area -
    • Ceiling height (m) 10.50

    309 seats in the parterre and 162 seats at the balcony. A special feature is the imposing pipe organ. 

  • Slavko Osterc Hall

    Slavko Osterc Hall

    • Max. seating capacity theatre 90
    • Max. seating capacity classroom -
    • Reception 150
    • Banquet -
    • Surface area 161
    • Ceiling height (m) 6.00