Exploring Ljubljana by bicycle for groups
Compared to other capitals, Ljubljana is very compact, very green, and very cyclist-friendly, which makes it a great place to explore by bicycle. This cycling tour takes you beyond the historical city centre and includes a picnic in the vast Tivoli Park.
Your tour will begin in the city centre and continue along a circular route around the city centre's perimeter, introducing you to all the city's major sights along the way. You will pedal along the pleasant embankments on the river Ljubljanica all the way to the Ljubljana Botanic Garden, take a garden tour, and continue through the famous vegetable gardens of Krakovo towards Tivoli Park to enjoy a rest and a picnic snack there. On the last leg of the tour, you will visit the Metelkova mesto alternative culture centre and then return to the tour starting point, the Slovenian Tourist Information Centre.
1 April - 31 October 2016: available by appointment. The departure time will be agreed on booking.
Slovenian Tourist Information Centre, Krekov trg 10
Number of participants
The tour requires a minimum of three participants to operate. The maximum number of participants is 10.
A language of choice will be agreed on booking.
€25 per person
The price includes professional guidance, bicycle and helmet hire, and a snack.
- A large part of the route runs along dedicated cycle paths
- The tour is subject to cancellation due to weather conditions
- The tour operator reserves the right to charge a waiting fee of €16.00 per hour.
- A 25 percent supplement is charged for tours run on the day of booking.
- 50 percent of the tour price must be paid in case of cancellation within less than 24 hours before the agreed departure time.