Plečnik’s outdoor arcade is named after its renowned architect, Jože Plečnik, and this event celebrates the 150-year-anniversary of his birth. Whether you choose to dance or simply nod along, this is the perfect way to take in Ljubljana’s cultural scene as couples twirl beside the arcade’s arches.
"Marketplaces are city centers", says Nino Kolarev, a marketing associate at Javno Podjetje Ljubljanska Parkirišča in Tržnice (LPT). "We want to show that the marketplace is not only a place for selling vegetables and fruits, but for the young and the old to socialize together."
With so many weekly events organized by LPT– from Odprta Kuhna, featuring food stands by local restaurants, to Gin O’Clock and Nights in Ljubljana's Central Market (free, live concerts starting July 7th)— this summer, Ljubljana’s marketplace is definitely the place to be.
By: Chealsia Smedley
List of dance evening nights:
- 6.7. Swing, Studio Dansa
- 13.7. Salsa, Plesna avenija
- 20.7. Kizomba, Kizomba.si
- 27.7. West coast swing, Studio Dansa
- 3.8. Swing, Studio Dansa
- 10.8. Tango, KUD Tango.si
- 17.8. Salsa, Plesna avenija
- 24.8. Social dances, Tej Dance
- 31.8. Tango, KUD Tango.si
- 7.9. Swing, Studio Dansa
- 14.9. Social dances, Tej Dance
- 21.9. Kizomba, Kizomba.si
- 28.9. Social dances, Bolero