The tour begins in front of the Town Hall, a building with a rich history now used as the seat of the City Municipality of Ljubljana. From the Town Hall and the Robba Fountain in front of it you will go on a walk around the historical city centre during which you will learn about the history of all the city's major sights. The walk will take you across the Cobblers' Bridge and past the National and University Library and the Križanke Summer Theatre to the Kongresni trg square, from where you will continue to the Prešernov trg square, dominated by the Franciscan Church and connected to the Triple Bridge, and further on to Plečnik's Market and the Cathedral.
Just a short walk from there is the bottom station of Ljubljana's funicular railway, which brings you to Ljubljana Castle, the city's most prominent sight. The castle's Outlook Tower offers the most beautiful views of the city, while its interior houses several museum displays and other exhibitions.
The tour price includes
- a professional guide
- funicular ride to Ljubljana Castle
- admission to Ljubljana Castle
This tour is available by appointment. The departure time will be agreed on booking.
The departure point will be agreed on booking. The order of sights visited depends on where the tour departs from.
Slovenian, English, Italian, German, Spanish, French, Russian, Dutch, Croatian, Serbian, Polish, Hungarian, Chinese, Ukrainian, Japanese, Czech
Surcharges and other fees
- The tour can be customized to suit your interests. Should the customized tour take more than two hours, the extra time will be charged at €35.00 per hour.
- A waiting fee will be charged at a rate of €16.00 per hour.
- A 50 percent cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations notified less than 24 hours prior to the agreed tour departure time.