Feel the vibrant pulse of this green capital city at the pace of the people who live here: by bike. Our guide will take you on a bicycle tour of all the hidden corners of the city, from energy points to the remains of Roman Emona. Round off the tour with a truly special experience courtesy of a talented chef who in 2019 reached the final of the prestigious S.Pellegrino Young Chef competition (the winner of which is crowned the best young chef in the world). Sample his cuisine in Slovenia’s capital city and treat your taste buds to a unique gastronomic experience as he serves up signature dishes made with local ingredients.
Did you know that Ljubljana is home to the oldest wooden wheel with axle in the world? You can see it at the City Museum of Ljubljana. After a morning spent exploring Ljubljana and its history, why not treat yourself to brunch at EK Bistro, where dishes created almost exclusively from local ingredients are served with a good dose of cosmopolitan charm.
The river Ljubljanica is a pulsing vein of life that winds through the centre of Ljubljana. Our guide will take you across its many bridges and reveal stories from the banks of the Ljubljanica.
For the perfect gastronomic experience of Ljubljana, we recommend staying in Ljubljana for two or more days.
The package includes
- Guided bicycle tour of the hidden corners of Ljubljana (Discover the hidden corners of the city and surrounding area)*
- “A Ljubljana chef cooks for you” – a gastronomic experience courtesy of chef Jakob Pintar of TaBar (5-course menu, drinks excluded)*
- The Wisdom of Castle Wine (interactive walk with mobile app)
- Visit to the City Museum of Ljubljana (world’s oldest wooden wheel with axle)
- Brunch with Ljubljana specialities at the interesting little EK Bistro
- Discover the stories of Ljubljana’s bridges (1-hour guided tour)*
* Bookings for individual services are the responsibility of the organiser. Customers must confirm the exact date and time at least 24 hours before arrival.
- Adults: €109.00
- Children aged 6–14: €94.00
Purchase of this package also entitles you to
- Up to 30% discount on bed and breakfast in selected Ljubljana hotels.
- 20% discount on tickets to certain events of the Ljubljana Festival
Add a little variety to your summer with the carefully chosen, genre-spanning programme of the 68th Ljubljana Festival and the concerts of the “Summer in Old Ljubljana” international festival and “Summer in Tivoli” and “Summer in Šiška” festivals. See the many world-famous attractions of Ljubljana’s museums – with a single ticket for 11 museums. Take a round-the-world culinary journey at Open Kitchen in Ljubljana’s central market every Thursday and Friday (as long as the weather is suitable for outdoor events). Enjoy the latest films at Kinodvorišče in the atrium of the Slovenian Railways building and at the Cinema Under the Stars festival in the courtyard of Ljubljana Castle.