Ljubljana is called “the city of vine and wine” because it is situated at the crossroads of the wine-growing Mediterranean, Karst, Alps, and Pannonian Basin regions. At carefully chosen stopover sites and in the company of local wine connoisseurs you can taste a selection of the best that the Podravje, Posavje and Primorska wine regions have to offer. Wine tastings also include snacks. At the Ljubljana Castle, you can take a look at a descendant of the world’s oldest vine (from the Lent embankment area in Maribor) and take a walk through the castle vineyard.
The price includes
- a 3-hour professional tour with a wine connoisseur guide
- 3 tastings of Slovenian wines (9 varieties, three wine-growing regions)
- ride in a funicular to the Ljubljana Castle
- 1. April to 30 September: Tuesdays and Saturdays at 17:00
- 1. October to 31 March: Saturdays at 17:00
Number of participants
A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 15 participants.
Slovenian Tourist Information Centre (STIC), Krekov trg 10
- The tour is not suitable for persons under 18 years of age.
- It is advisable to wear sensible footwear.