What better way to start a summer’s day than with a visit to the National Gallery to see the works of the "First Lady of Slovenia”, the painter Ivana Kobilca? Her Coffee Drinker, the “Slovene Mona Lisa”, will remind you that it’s time for a coffee in one of the many charming Ljubljana cafés.
What do you say to a picnic in Ljubljana’s biggest park, Tivoli, where on a blanket in the shade of tall trees you can enjoy a unique picnic prepared especially for you, consisting of a basket of typical Slovene specialities? The perfect way to get your strength up before your guide takes you off to discover all the hidden corners of the city.
After a refreshing night’s sleep in one of Ljubljana’s hotels, it’s time to step into the world of the modest man responsible for some of the city’s most impressive architecture. You will discover that Plečnik’s Ljubljana is a true masterpiece of worldwide importance. Later on, enjoy a gentle ride along the river Ljubljanica and drink in the marvellous views while also giving your taste buds a treat.
For the perfect experience discovering all the hidden corners of Ljubljana, we recommend staying in Ljubljana for two or more days.
The package includes
- Visit to the National Gallery, where the “Slovene Mona Lisa”, Ivana Kobilca’s Coffee Drinker, will remind you that it’s time for a coffee
- A picnic in Tivoli Park with a basket of local specialities and a visit to the exhibition on the Jakopič Promenade*
- Discover the hidden corners of Ljubljana – a guided walk through some of the city’s most secret spots*
- Why is Ljubljana such a beauty? Get to know its creator with a visit to the house where the famous architect Jože Plečnik was born
- Glide along the wonderful river Ljubljanica and enjoy a tasty lunch*
* Bookings for individual services are the responsibility of the organiser. Customers must confirm the exact date and time at least 24 hours before arrival.
- Adults: €84.00
- Children aged 6–14: €64.00
Purchase of this package also entitles you to
- Up to 30% discount on bed and breakfast in selected Ljubljana hotels.
- 20% discount on tickets to certain events of the Ljubljana Festival
Add a little variety to your summer with the carefully chosen, genre-spanning programme of the 68th Ljubljana Festival and the concerts of the “Summer in Old Ljubljana” international festival and “Summer in Tivoli” and “Summer in Šiška” festivals. See the many world-famous attractions of Ljubljana’s museums – with a single ticket for 11 museums. Take a round-the-world culinary journey at Open Kitchen in Ljubljana’s central market every Thursday and Friday (as long as the weather is suitable for outdoor events). Enjoy the latest films at Kinodvorišče in the atrium of the Slovenian Railways building and at the Cinema Under the Stars festival in the courtyard of Ljubljana Castle.