The Postojna Caves, one of Slovenia's most notable natural sights, consisting of a 27-kilometer system of underground caves, tunnels, galleries and halls with spectacular dripstones. A small cave train will take you on a tour around the caves, which are also known for providing habitat for Proteus anguinus, an endemic amphibian salamander.
Predjama Castle, part of which is built into the middle of a 123-meter high vertical cliff face, was originally home of the legendary outcast knight Erasmus. The present castle, which was given its Renaissance appearance in the 16th century, houses a museum.
The price includes
- April 1 - October 31: Every day at 13:30
- November 1 - March 31: Every day at 8:30
half-day excursion (5,5 hours)
Number of participants
The excursion is run for a minimum of two people
- Hotel Park - Urban&Green
- STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Centre)
- Levstikov trg square
- Hotel Lev
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Ljubljana
- Hotel Cubo
- M Hotel
- Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana
- Intercontinental Ljubljana
- admission to the Postojna Caves (€ 25.00)
- admission to the Predjama Castle (€ 13.00)
Optional extras such as additional activities or visits to additional sights are payable in cash during the trip.
We recommend wearing warm clothes and trainers since the temperature in the cave is 10°C.