The first major work of Art Nouveau architecture in Ljubljana was the Dragon Bridge, built in 1901. Today, the bridge is considered to be the city's best-known sight, and the dragons adorning it Ljubljana's most recognizable icon.
This Art Nouveau-themed walk takes you past the majority of Ljubljana's most typical Art Nouveau buildings, notably including those in the area of the Slovenski trg square and Miklošič Park, designed by the architect Maks Fabiani, the famous Grand Hotel Union, Ljubljana's first modern and, at the time of its construction, largest hotel, which continues to retain its distinctive Art Nouveau style, and the Cooperative Bank, one of the city's most interesting buildings. You will also visit the central Prešernov trg square to see the Centromerkur department store and Hauptman House, both designed in the Art Nouveau style.
The tour price includes
- a professional guide
The tour is available by prior arrangement only.
Ljubljana Tourist Information Centre (TIC), located next to the Triple Bridge.
Slovenian, English, Italian, German, Spanish, French, Croatian, Serbian
- €95 for a group of 1 to 2 people
- €120 for a group of 3 to 6 people
- €150 for a group of 7 to 12 people
- €175 for a group of 13 to 20 people
- €200 for a group of 21 to 25 people
- The tour can be customized to suit your interests. Should the customized tour take more than two hours, the extra time will be charged at €35.00 per hour
- A waiting fee will be charged at a rate of €16.00 per hour.
- A 50 percent cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations notified less than 24 hours prior to the agreed tour departure time.