What do you say to a picnic in Ljubljana’s Tivoli Park, where on a blanket in the shade of tall trees you can enjoy a unique family picnic prepared especially for you, consisting of a basket of typical Slovene specialities? It’s the perfect way to relax after putting your senses to the test at the House of Illusions and getting your strength up before setting off to the Natural History Museum, where you can see a mammoth skeleton, one of the best preserved skeletons of this Ice Age animal in central Europe.
After a refreshing night’s sleep in one of Ljubljana’s hotels, it’s time to set off and explore the old town centre, where seven fun challenges await you to help you unlock the historical secrets of Ljubljana. Are you ready for a journey into the past? The next stop is the unique Railway Museum, home to valuable steam locomotives. Children will not want to miss the chance to ride the unique miniature railway.
Do you think you can find three of Ljubljana’s mysterious dragons, photograph them and share them on our social networks for the chance to win a dragon-tastic prize?
For the perfect family break, we recommend staying in Ljubljana for two or more days.
The package includes
- House of Illusions – enter the world of illusions and test your senses in a fun and educational way
- Picnic in Tivoli Park with a basket of local specialities and a visit to the exhibition on the Jakopič Promenade*
- Visit to the Natural History Museum of Slovenia to see the mammoth and it skeleton
- Escape into the fresh air and discover the true story of Ljubljana in a fun adventure game – unlock the secrets of Ljubljana (escape room)*
- Visit to the Railway Museum – learn all about the steam trains of the past
- Will you manage to find three of Ljubljana’s mysterious dragons? Take three dragon photographs and share them on our social networks. Then come and pick up the prize that is waiting for you at the Tourist Information Centre by the Triple Bridge.
* Bookings for individual services are the responsibility of the organiser. Customers must confirm the exact date and time at least 24 hours before arrival.
Number of participants
The minimum number of participants is 2 adults.
Purchase of this package also entitles you to
- Up to 30% discount on bed and breakfast in selected Ljubljana hotels.
- A refreshing dip in the pool is the perfect thing for a hot day. Cool off in one of Ljubljana’s swimming pools (Kodeljevo, Kolezija and Tivoli). Just bring a swimsuit and we’ll provide a 20% discount on admission.
- Fancy a round of golf? This package entitles you to a 20% discount.
Add a little variety to your summer with the carefully chosen, genre-spanning programme of the 68th Ljubljana Festival and the concerts of the “Summer in Old Ljubljana” international festival and “Summer in Tivoli” and “Summer in Šiška” festivals. See the many world-famous attractions of Ljubljana’s museums – with a single ticket for 11 museums. Take a round-the-world culinary journey at Open Kitchen in Ljubljana’s central market every Thursday and Friday (as long as the weather is suitable for outdoor events). Enjoy the latest films at Kinodvorišče in the atrium of the Slovenian Railways building and at the Cinema Under the Stars festival in the courtyard of Ljubljana Castle.