Ljubljana has two tourist information centres, both run by Ljubljana Tourism. They are open 365 days a year.
The city Tourist Information Centre (TIC Ljubljana) provides information, tourist literature and services for the area of the city. The Slovenian Tourist Information Centre (STIC Ljubljana) covers the whole of Slovenia in conjunction with the Slovenian Tourist Board.
At TIC Ljubljana visitors can:
- obtain tourist information,
- obtain free tourist literature,
- buy the Ljubljana Card tourist card,
- buy or recharge the Urbana single urban card,
- book last-minute accommodation in Ljubljana (subject to availability),
- book guided tours of the city,
- buy tickets for boat trips on the river,
- buy souvenirs, postcards and other products,
- buy tickets to events.
At STIC Ljubljana, in addition to the above, visitors can:
- hire bicycles (as part of the Ljubljana Bike project),
- hire an electric handcycle attachment for a wheelchair
- use a computer to get online,
- attend a free Slovene language course for foreigners (every Wednesday in the summer).
Both the TIC and the STIC are part of UNICEF’s network of Safe Points for children who are in distress or who are victims of violence. They offer children a safe refuge while the competent authorities are notified.