Tour of Slovenia 2018 will be 664 kilometers long and will be run in five stages. Eurosport and the Slovenian national television will broadcast it live. It will be attended by 22 teams with total of 154 cyclists, including eight UCI World Tour teams. Last years' winner winner Rafal Majka will come back to defend his title. Mark Cavendish, Marcel Kittel and Caleb Ewan will be favorites for the sprints in the first and second stage. The local Slovenian favorite is Primož Roglič.
The fourth stage of the tour starts Saturday 16 June in Ljubljana. The race will commence at 11:00 in front of the Tivoli sports hall. Cyclists will make 155.2 kilometres across the Central Slovenia and Gorenjska regions, finishing the race at in Kamnik where things will start happening at around 15:00.
Tour of Slovenia - stages:
- 13 June: Lendava-Murska Sobota (159 km), live broadcast between 15.30 and 17.00/17.30 at
- 14 June: Maribor-rogaška Slatina (152.7 km), live broadcast between 13.30 and 15.00 at
- 15 June: Slovenske Konjice-Celje (175.7 km), live broadcast between 13.30 and 15.00 at
- 16 June: Ljubljana-Kamnik (155.2 km), live broadcast between 13.30 and 15.00 at
- 17 June: Trebnje-Novo mesto (21.5 km), live broadcast between 13.30 and 15.00 at
Tour of Slovenia is embraced by green, which is the natural colour as well as the mindset of Slovenia. In the green spirit, the race's motto is #fightforgreen so follow this social media hashtag to check the latest developments.
Visit the Tour of Slovenia official website for more information.