After years of effort and investments in the incentive travel sector, Slovenia is finally getting its own SITE Chapter. The Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE) is the only business events association dedicated exclusively to the global incentive travel industry. SITE chapters are regional, national or local groupings of SITE Members living in a defined geographical area. The new Chapter will be a big turning point for Slovenia when it comes to marketing and education in the field of incentive travel and incentive experiences.
At the inaugural meeting, SITE members presented all the pre-launch information, code of ethics and steps on launching a SITE Chapter in Slovenia. The importance of the chapter for a boutique country like Slovenia where tourism is an important generator of the economy was emphasized. A formal petition that will be sent to the heads of SITE was also presented, highlighting one of the most important goals of the chapter – to increase the awareness of incentive experiences as an important tourism product for Slovenia.
Members of the Steering Committee were also chosen for individual fields, including:
- Head: Miha Kovačič, Slovenian Convention Bureau
- Treasurer: Jan Oršič, Ljubljana Convention Bureau
- Co-Chair of Treasurer: Janette Škorc, InterContinental Ljubljana
- Memberships: Boštjan Horjak, Liberty Adriatic
- Co-Chair of Memberships: Elvira Krupič, Sava Hotels
- Education & Development: Barbara Hunt Vodopivec, Kompas MICE
- Co-Chair of Education & Development: Boris Mikuž, HIT d.d.
- Communications: Gorazd Čad, Toleranca
- Co-Chair of Communications: Fredi Fontanot, Tourism Board Portorož
In the last four years, Slovenia has built a strong relationship with the leadership of the global association SITE, including in the year 2016 when our country hosted the prestigious association event - SITE Executive Summit 2016, which received great responses. In November 2019, the first SITE CIS certification was held in Slovenia under the patronage of the Slovenian Tourism Board. Among the participants was also a representative of Ljubljana Tourism.
Source: Slovenian Convention Bureau