Event is part of the festival Ljubljana Festival
Giacomo Puccini was the first Western composer to present the world of Japanese culture in music. He was inspired to write the opera after the singer performance of David Belasco’s play Madame Butterfly: A Tragedy of Japan.
After an absence of more than ten years, Madama Butterfly returns in a new production by the Slovene National Theatre Opera and Ballet Maribor, directed by the Italian opera director Pier Francesco Maestrini.
- SNG Maribor Symphonic Orchestra
- SNG Maribor Ballet ensemble
- Cio-Cio-san: Rebeka Lokar
- Suzuki, her servant: Irena Petkova
- Benjamin Franklin Pinkerton, American naval lieutenant: Renzo Zulian