Discovering the city of Ljubljana begins with the tourist boat ride on the Ljubljanica River, which gives you an opportunity to admire the picturesque old city center from the river’s surface, while the guide shares some interesting stories of the Ljubljanica River, the river of seven names. The Ljubljanica River was the main trading and supply path ever since the Roman period to the enforcement of the railway in the 19th century and the archaeologists claim its legendary status. The riverbanks were designed by architect Jože Plečnik, who also designed and renovated a number of the bridges; from the Trnovo Bridge to the Shoemaker’s Bridge (Čevljarski most) and the central Tromostovje Bridge.
Following is a lovely walk among the most important sights in the old city center, which includes a short visit to the City Hall. A funicular takes you to the Ljubljana Castle, where the guide introduces you to the history of this medieval fortress. You can also visit the Permanent Exhibition of Slovenian History, the Virtual Castle film projection and enjoy the best view of the city at the Viewing Tower.
The price of the tour includes
- professional guidance
- a ride with the tourist boat
- the funicular to the Ljubljana Castle
- an entrance fee to the Ljubljana Castle
- an entrance fee for the Viewing Tower
The tour is available upon arrangement. The schedule is negotiable.
The starting point is negotiable.
Number of participants
The minimal number of participants is 30.
Slovenian, English, Italian, German, Spanish, French, Russian, Dutch, Croatian, Serbian, Polish, Hungarian, Chinese, Romanian, Ukrainian, Portuguese, Japanese, Lithuanian, Czech.
- The tour can be customized to suit your interests. Should the customized tour take more than two hours, the extra time will be charged at €35.00 per hour.
- The tour operator reserves the right to charge a waiting fee of €16.00 per hour.
- 50 percent of the tour price must be paid in case of cancellation within less than 24 hours before the agreed departure time.
- The boat ride is canceled in case of bad weather or an unsuitable water level.