The Postojna Caves, one of Slovenia's most notable natural sights, consisting of a 27-kilometer system of underground caves, tunnels, galleries and halls with spectacular dripstones. A small cave train will take you on a tour around the caves, which are also known for providing habitat for Proteus anguinus, an endemic amphibian salamander.
Predjama Castle, part of which is built into the middle of a 123-meter high vertical cliff face, was originally home of the legendary outcast knight Erasmus. The present castle, which was given its Renaissance appearance in the 16th century, houses a museum.
The price includes
- admission to the Postojna Caves
- admission to the Predjama Castle
- April 1 - October 31: Every day at 13:30
- November 1 - March 31: Every day at 8:30
half-day excursion (5,5 hours)
Number of participants
The excursion is run for a minimum of two people
- Hotel Park - Urban&Green
- STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Centre)
- Levstikov trg square
- Hotel Lev
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Ljubljana
- Hotel Cubo
- M Hotel
- Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana
- Intercontinental Ljubljana
We recommend wearing warm clothes and trainers since the temperature in the cave is 10°C.