The village of Ponikve's church of St. Florian, originally a Gothic church, was rebuilt in the Baroque period. Its fine main and side altars were built in the 17th century. Its frescoes were painted by Anton Postl in 1773.
In the vicinity of the village, at a place called Brdavsovo, the Rašica brook disappears underground into a 175-metre long and 20-metre deep sinkhole system with four entrances, which form three natural bridges.
A tourist visit of the church is possible on prior appointment only.