Notice from Ljubljana Tourism
Due to the coronavirus, our offices are closed until further notice. However, we are working from home and following the situation closely at all times. If you need any information, send us a message via e-mail.
Both Ljubljana's tourist information centers, Tourist Information Centre (TIC) Ljubljana by the Triple Bridge and Slovenian Tourist Information Centre at Krekov trg 10 are closed until further notice. For any urgent information, you can call +386 31 556 371. Also, all guided tours of Ljubljana are canceled until the coronavirus epidemic subsides.
Restrictions to the movement in public
Movement and gathering of people in public places are restricted from 30 March 2020 and until further notice.
Movement outside one's municipality of permanent or temporary residence is not allowed.
Movement, access to and staying in a public place is permitted to individuals for the necessary purposes such as going to work, going to grocery shops, pharmacies, accessing health and sanitary services, foreign diplomatic and consular missions, emergency services, going for a walk in the park or nature, etc.
Movement in public places is permitted to:
- groups of persons who are close family members or members of the same household provided it is possible to ensure a safe distance from the movement of other similar groups,
- groups of up to five co-workers if they are sharing the same personal vehicle to commute to or from work or who have been called up to perform tasks within the Civil Protection.
Read the government Ordinance
The situation on the borders
Upon their arrival to Slovenia as their final destination, all healthy persons are required to remain in quarantine due to possible infection with the new coronavirus. Persons with signs of COVID-19 infection are isolated (more information).
Upon entering Slovenia from Austria and Italy foreign citizens need to show a less than 3 days old medical certificate of coronavirus negative test result. If one doesn't have the document, they will still be allowed to enter the Republic of Slovenia if their body temperature is below 37.5 °C and they show no clear signs of upper respiratory tract infection.
Ljubljana Airport: all flights are suspended until further notice.
Border with Italy: it's possible to enter Slovenia at 4 entry points with passenger controls in place. The entry points are Škofije, Vrtojba, Fernetiči, and Krvavi Potok (Krvavi Potok is open only from 5:00 to 23:00).
Border with Austria: It's possible to enter Slovenia at 9 entry points:
- Kuzma – Bonisdorf (open 24/7)
- Trate – Mureck (open from 5:00 to 21:00)
- Radlje – Radlpaß (open from 5:00 to 21:00)
- Gederovci – Sicheldorf (open 24/7)
- Šentilj (Motorway) – Spielfeld (Autobahn) (open 24/7)
- Gornja Radgona – Bad Radkersburg (open 24/7)
- Karavanke – Karawankentunnel (open 24/7)
- Vič – Lavamünd (open from 5:00 to 23:00)
- Ljubelj – Loibltunnel (open from 5:00 to 21:00)
Border with Croatia: The border is closed for all passenger traffic.
Border with Hungary: The border is closed for anyone but Hungarian citizens.
Up-to-date traffic information including waiting times at borders is available at the Slovenian Traffic Information Centre website.