Visitors can use the card to visit the majority of museums and galleries and Ljubljana Castle, join a guided tour of the city, ride on city buses (operated by city bus company LPP) and much more. At the same time, the card serves as a cultural tourism product, since it covers a large part of the city’s cultural institutions.
Ljubljana Card, Ljubljana’s tourism card
The Ljubljana Card offers visitors the best and most economical way to discover Ljubljana. As well as free admission to the majority of the city’s principal sights, it offers unlimited travel on public transport and a whole range of other benefits.
With the Ljubljana Card, visitors are entitled to:
- free access to 20+ museums and galleries,
- free access to sights including Ljubljana Zoo, the House of illusions, the Union Experience, the Terme Snovik spa and many others,
- a guided tour of the city,
- a trip on a tourist boat, use of the Ljubljana Castle funicular, use of the Ljubljana Bike bike-sharing scheme,
- unlimited travel on LPP city buses throughout the period of validity of the card,
- a return journey on the LPP shuttle bus from/to Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport,
- 24-hour access to WiFree Ljubljana, the city’s Wi-Fi network,
- internet access at the Slovenian Tourist Information Centre
Visit the Ljubljana Card website to see the full list of benefits.
The Ljubljana Card is a smart card containing an RFID chip for validation and free admission. It is integrated into the Urbana single city card system and gives tourists access to all relevant city services.
The card validity period (24, 48 or 72 hours) begins at the moment the visitor uses the card for the first time, thereby activating it. As well as the adult card, a children’s card is available.
The card can be purchased at tourist information centres, in hotels, at Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport or online (where a 10% discount is applied).