The Faculty of Health Sciences is the youngest faculty of the University of Ljubljana with a long and rich tradition. Since 1954 when formal tertiary education in health sciences was first introduced, the institution has been developing professionally and scientifically. The College for Health Workers became a member of the University of Ljubljana in 1975. In 2005 the building was renewed and expanded. In 2009 it was transformed and renamed into the Faculty of Health Sciences.
The mission of the Faculty of Health Sciences, as the leading educational and research institution in the Central Europe in the field of health sciences on all academic levels, is to educate outstanding professionals, to foster new discoveries through high quality research work and to enable their transfer into practice. The Faculty has over 1.700 students in the study year 2015/2016.
It is located in a quiet area, surrounded by beautiful nature, within 5-minute walking distance from the city centre, just below the old castle. Parking is available right next to the premises. There is a student canteen in the vicinity offering healthy and tasty Slovenian food. For symposiums, conferences, presentations and other events they offer modern, air conditioned facilities, equipped with video and computer technology.