Visit Ljubljana's BTC City, one of the largest shopping centres in Europe, where you can have a one-stop shopping experience, enjoy excellent food, recreation, and entertainment, and treat yourself to a visit to a water park.
A rich and vibrant shopping experience
The BTC City's more than 450 shops offer products from several thousand brands, including Apple, Benetton, Boss, C&A, Desigual, Furla, Gap, Garmin, Jones, Kenzo, Police, Ralph Lauren, Rossignol, Roxy, Samsonite, SportsDirect.com, Superdry, Ugg, Under Armour, Zara, and many others.
Apart from department stores and shops offering products from renowned international and Slovenian high-street brands, you can also find lots of lovely boutiques and small specialized shops. The variety of the choice on offer creates an atmosphere reminiscent of a vibrant bazaar. Throughout the year, regardless of the season, you can enjoy various events and benefit from discounts.
A business, leisure, and entertainment centre
The BTC City, which welcomes more than 21 million visitors each year, is also an important business, leisure, and entertainment centre, where both business and leisure visitors can find plenty of opportunity for fun and relaxation.
At the BTC City, you can stay at the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel and enjoy yourself at the Atlantis water park, the Arena leisure centre, the Kolosej multiplex cinema, the Xpand 3D cinema, and the Casino Rio gaming salon. You can also visit a market, find numerous good restaurants and bars, and have fun at an attractive daytime bar and nightclub on the roof of Crystal Palace, the tallest building in Slovenia.
The BTC City hosts a busy programme events including sports, entertainment, and various open-air events. On summer evenings, Crystal Palace's Green Terrace turns into a charming venue for music and dance events and its greens into children's play areas. As it gets dark, the terrace hosts a cinema under the stars.
- Late Night Shopping (March, November)
- Festival of Shopping and Fun (May, October)
- Franja BTC City Marathon (a cycling competition held on the first weekend in June)
- Rhythm of Youth (a music festival held on the first weekend in September)
- Running race up Crystal Palace, Slovenia's tallest building (third weekend in November)
- Merry December at the BTC City (a month of festivities during which the shopping centre turns into a magical city of lights and is visited by St Nicholas, Father Christmas, and Grandpa Frost)
Location and access
Ljubljana's BTC City is located right next to the north Ljubljana bypass, only three kilometres from the city centre.
- Access by public transport: Take city bus service no. 2 or 7 to Nove Jarše, no. 12 to Vevče or no. 27 to Letališka.
- Access by bicycle: Use Ljubljana's BicikeLJ bicycle-sharing system and leave your bicycle at any of the BTC City's three docking stations.
- Access by car: From the Ljubljana bypass, take either the exit to 'Nove Jarše' or the exit to 'Industrijska cona Moste'.
- Access by train: Make use of the special train service running twice a day from the Ljubljana Railway Station to the BTC City's Atlantis water park.
- Once at the BTC City, make use of the free circular City Bus service, which has eight stops within the centre.