- 1 kg ripe oxheart tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 summer onion
- 1 clove garlic
- the juice of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- a few tarragon or basil leaves
- 150 ml Slovenian buckwheat vodka from the freezer
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 100 ml sour cream (plant-based for vegan version)
Peel the tomato by immersing it briefly in boiling water and then removing the skin. Cut into cubes. Cut the cucumber into large pieces and remove the seeds. Peel the onion and garlic and chop coarsely. Place all the vegetables into a food processor. Blend until the mixture is homogeneous but not completely smooth. Add the lemon juice and olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Blend again until the mixture is completely smooth. Place in the fridge until thoroughly chilled.
Mix the ice-cold vodka into the chilled soup and sprinkle with basil or tarragon. Before serving, blend the avocado with sour cream and pour the resulting smooth mixture into the soup in a spiral pattern. If the weather is very hot, you can add a few ice cubes to the soup.