This pleasant guided walk around Ljubljana city centre gives you an insight into some of Plečnik's best works, such as the so called Plečnik's Market, part of the Ljubljana Central Market, which was conceived as a two-storey range of riverside market halls and later connected to the Triple Bridge − another of Plečnik's masterpieces and a unique architectural gem created between 1929 and 1932, when two side bridges intended for pedestrians were added to an existing bridge to form a triple bridge structure. Then there are the National and University Library, Plečnik's numerous revamp projects along the banks of the Ljubljanica, the Cobblers' Bridge, the Križanke Summer Theatre, and the Kongresni trg square − to mention just a few located in the city centre.
Thanks to Plečnik's wellthought-out interventions into the urban fabric of Ljubljana and its bridges, streets and parks, a provincial Habsburg town with Baroque and Art Nouveau accents turned into the capital of Slovenia.
The tour price includes
- a professional guide
This tour is available by appointment.
Ljubljana Tourist Information Centre (TIC), located next to the Triple Bridge.
Slovenian, English, Italian, German, Spanish and French.
- €95 for a group of 1 to 2 people
- €120 for a group of 3 to 6 people
- €150 for a group of 7 to 12 people
- €175 for a group of 13 to 20 people
- €200 for a group of 21 to 25 people
- The tour can be customized to suit your interests. Should the customized tour take more than two hours, the extra time will be charged at €35.00 per hour.
- The tour operator reserves the right to charge a waiting fee of €16.00 per hour.
- 50 percent of the tour price must be paid in case of cancellation within less than 24 hours before the agreed departure time.