Ljubljana's car parks managed by the Javno podjetje Ljubljanska parkirišča in tržnice public utility company are classified into four tariff categories, depending on the distance from the city centre. Parking is also possible at a large number of privately owned car parks and parking garages.
Short-term parking zone
In the city centre, short-time parking is allowed in the short-term parking zone. Parking tickets, which can be bought from automated parking machines, must be placed in a clearly visible place in the car, close to the windscreen. The parking machines do not give change, so drivers are advised to have the exact amount required for the parking ticket. Parking periods range from 30 to 120 minutes.
P+R facilities (car parks with connections to public bus services)
At Ljubljana's P+R (park-and-ride) facilities, you can leave your vehicle and transfer to a city bus for a journey to the city centre. With the purchase of a parking ticket you get two bus tickets valid for the day of the parking ticket purchase.
P+R parking facilities
- Dolgi most P+R (car park for vehicles arriving in Ljubljana from the direction of the coast)
- Stožice Sports Park P+R (parking garage for vehicles entering the city from the north, north-west or north-east)
- Studenec P+R (parking garage for vehicles entering the city from the east)
- Ježica P+R (car park for vehicles arriving in Ljubljana from the north and east)
- Barje P+R (car park for vehicles arriving in Ljubljana from the south)
Vehicles illegally parked in places not intended for parking are towed away according to the instructions of the city's traffic wardens. A fine must be paid in order to retrieve the vehicle towed away. Retrieval of vehicles towed away and fine payment
Avtosejem used car lot
Cesta dveh cesarjev
T:+386 (0)1 257 30 92
M+386 (0)51 358 832
W: Ljubljana City Traffic Wardens