Due to its geographical position at the crossroads of the Germanic, Mediterranean, and South Slavic worlds, Ljubljana has always been at the confluence of different cultures. Throughout its history, it has been home to sensitive individuals able to assimilate different influences and create works of art reflecting their time. Apart from that, it was poets and writers that have, in the eyes of the nation, historically replaced the political elite.
It is therefore no wonder that Ljubljana's central town square, where you will embark on this circular walk, is dominated by a monument to a poet, France Prešeren. Your walk will take you on a journey from the 16th century, when Primož Trubar published the first book ever written in Slovenian, to the end of the 20th century and the death of the writer Lojze Kovačič.
You will be able to see both the existing buildings that were once home to Slovenian authors and the sites of those long gone.
The tour price includes
- a professional guide
The tours of literary Ljubljana are available to groups by prior arrangement.
Ljubljana Tourist Information Centre (TIC), located next to the Triple Bridge.
Slovenian, English, Italian, German, Spanish, Croatian, Serbian
- €95 for a group of 1 to 2 people
- €120 for a group of 3 to 6 people
- €150 for a group of 7 to 12 people
- €175 for a group of 13 to 20 people
- €200 for a group of 21 to 25 people
- The tour can be customized to suit your interests. Should the customized tour take more than two hours, the extra time will be charged at €35.00 per hour
- A waiting fee will be charged at a rate of €16.00 per hour.
- A 50 percent cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations notified less than 24 hours prior to the agreed tour departure time.